Saturday, July 6, 2013 - Cardinals vs. Miami Marlins (1:15 p.m.)
- Adult Matt Holliday Replica Home Jersey Day: The first 25,000 ticketed-fans, ages 16 and older, will receive an adult Matt Holliday replica home jersey presented by tickets.com.
- MLBPAA Auction: The Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association will conduct a baseball-themed silent auction inside Gate 3, Gate 1, UMB Champions Club, and the Cardinals Club from the time gates open through the seventh inning. All proceeds will benefit Cardinals Care and the Players Alumni Association, a non-profit group that strives to preserve the game of baseball while supporting a variety of charities.
Sunday, July 7, 2013 - Cardinals vs. Miami Marlins (1:15 p.m.)
- Cardinals Porch Flag: Presented by AT&T, the first 25,000 ticketed-fans, ages 16 and older, will receive a porch flag displaying the Cardinals bird on the bat and the St. Louis skyline in the background.
- Peanut Controlled Zone: The St. Louis Cardinals are pleased to present the first of two Peanut Controlled Games at Busch Stadium. This unique opportunity allows our fans with peanut allergies to sit in a "Peanut Controlled Zone" - sales of peanuts will be halted in this section and fans will not be allowed to consume peanut products in that area. Presented by Mylan Specialty L.P. A limited number of tickets remain for this game and the second peanut controlled night on Saturday, August 24 at cardinals.com/theme.
- Christian Day at the Ballpark: Join us for "Christian Day at the Ballpark" on Sunday, July 7th. Fans can stick around for a special post-game program featuring by current Cardinals players, coaches and featured speaker Willie Robertson, CEO of Duck Commander and star of A&E's Duck Dynasty. Following the game, fans can relocate to seats behind the Cardinals dugout to watch the presentation. Willie will also throw out a ceremonial first pitch prior to the game.
- Miss Missouri USA: Montgomery City native and Miss Missouri USA 2013, Ellie Holtman, will interact with fans in Ford Plaza during pre-game festivities and throw out a ceremonial pitch before the game.
- Prairie Farms Ice Cream Sunday: Starting two hours prior to the game, bring the entire family to Ford Plaza for games, prizes and free North Star ice cream (while supplies last).
- Hunter Family Sunday: During this game, and on most Sundays, fans purchasing individual tickets in Right Field Terrace and RF/LF Pavilion will receive a free Hunter hot dog and Coca-Cola.
- The Office First Pitch: Actress from The Office and Lemay, Mo., native Phyllis Smith will throw out a ceremonial first pitch prior to the game.
- Broadcast Auction: The St. Louis Cardinals have teamed up with FOX Sports Midwest and the Cardinals Radio Network to raise money for Cardinals Care by auctioning off exclusive, one-of-a-kind experiences for Cardinals fans during tonight's game broadcast. The auction runs through the seventh inning on the television broadcast and through the sixth inning of radio coverage. This year's auction includes many unique items for Cardinals fans to bid on, including a Mike Matheny VIP experience, a private dinner with Hall-of-Famer Lou Brock, a Mike Shannon and John Rooney Experience, the opportunity to throw out a ceremonial first pitch, and the chance to play catch on the field with Cardinals rookie Shelby Miller. Fans can bid on the auction items by calling the telephone numbers provided during the broadcast on FOX Sports Midwest and KMOX. For a full listing of auction items visit cardinals.com/tvauction or cardinals.com/radioauction. General donations to Cardinals Care will also gladly be accepted via the broadcasted phone numbers, or by donating online at cardinals.com/donate.
- Holliday Golf Tournament Check Presentation: In a ceremony prior to the game, Matt Holliday will present the Pujols Family Foundation with proceeds from the 2013 Pujols Family Foundation Golf Classic held at Meadowbrook Country Club on Monday, July 8. This is Matt Holliday's second year hosting the annual fundraiser.
- Cardinals Care Stadium Auction: Fans have the unique opportunity to bid on exclusive autographed Cardinals memorabilia at the game. The auction is a great way for fans and collectors alike to obtain specialty Cardinals items while helping support the programs that Cardinals Care provides to youth in the community. The auction tables will be located at Gate 3, Gate 1, Cardinals Club, Champions Club, and in the Redbird Club.
Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - Cardinals vs. Houston Astros (7:15 p.m.)
- Ice Mountain Autograph Night: Fans, ages 20 and under, can get autographs from current players before the game from 6:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. From 6:30 p.m. to 7:15, all fans can get autographs from Cardinals alumni. New this year, the Ice Mountain Autograph Event will be held in Riverview Corner on the 400 level in right field.
More Fan Fun
"This One's For You" Telecast
FOX Sports Midwest's annual "This One's For You" Cardinals telecast to troops overseas will be Thursday, July 25. American Forces Network will transmit the game to soldiers throughout the world. The broadcast will feature interviews with the Missouri National Guard's 1-135th Attack Reconnaissance Battalion, who are currently deploying to Afghanistan, and more than 300 of their family members who will be at the game at Busch. Cardinals fans are encouraged to participate in the event - those attending the game are encouraged to bring signs, and those watching on TV will be able to send greetings via Twitter. Promotion for the telecast began last week on FOX Sports Midwest. It features country music superstar and American Idol judge Keith Urban and his song For You - a song about the sacrifices made by soldiers. See it here: http://youtu.be/BdXJhrUjmJE.
On Sale Now: Cardinals Magazine Featuring Rookie Sensation Shelby Miller
This month's cover story on Shelby Miller explores his emergence from first-round pick to rookie sensation and how he's overcome obstacles along the way to become a N.L. Rookie of the Year candidate with his stellar start to the 2013 season. We also reveal how families have shaped the careers of four Cardinals' standouts: Matt Carpenter, Matt Holliday, Yadier Molina and Adam Wainwright. Other issue highlights include a profile on fan favorite Ted Simmons, a lighthearted Q&A with Trevor Rosenthal, the latest release in the Stan Musial poster series, the newest installment of Adam Wainwright's journal, and much more! The issue is on sale at Busch Stadium for just $5 at all gates and the team store. To order a print or digital subscription, call 314.345.9303 or visit cardinals.com/publications.
Cardinals Social Media
Join the Cardinals throughout the season on a variety of social media platforms including Twitter (@Cardinals), Facebook (facebook.com/cardinals), Instagram (Cardinals), Pinterest (pinterest.com/cardinalsmlb), Tumblr (stlcardinals) and Google + (St. Louis Cardinals). Fans will get an inside look at the team, exclusive promotions and giveaways, breaking club news, behind-the-scenes photos, videos and much more. For more info, and a list of verified player twitter accounts, visit cardinals.com/connect.
- Facebook Fridays with Fredbird: Every Friday, Fredbird and Team Fredbird will appear somewhere within Cardinal Nation to give away a select number of free tickets or items to lucky fans on a first come, first serve basis. Be sure to join the fun. To find out where Fredbird will be each week follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/cardinals and on Twitter @Cardinals, or visit cardinals.com/facebookfridays for more details.
Cardinals Work "4 A Greener Game"
The Green Team is a group of volunteers who walk down the aisles of the seating bowl in-between innings collecting recyclables from fans and promoting recycling at Busch Stadium. In exchange for their services, volunteers are able to watch the game in standing room only sections of Busch Stadium, as collections are only done in-between innings and during pitching changes so as not to disturb fans trying to watch the game. To volunteer or learn more, visit cardinals.com/green.
Cardinals in the Community
Cardinals Care was established to give fans a way of teaming up with Cardinals players and the Cardinals organization to help children in our community - both on and off the baseball field. Since it was established in 1997, Cardinals Care has invested nearly $19 million in helping children, including providing nearly $11 million in grants to over 800 non-profit youth organizations, and building 19 youth ball fields in neighborhoods in both Missouri and Illinois.
Cardinals Care's Redbird Rookies program, a free league for boys and girls who otherwise might not have the opportunity to play baseball, is celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2013. In addition to providing all the uniforms, gloves, bats, balls, and other equipment needed for each team in over 20 leagues in Missouri and Illinois, Redbird Rookies also provides extensive off-field support in the areas of health, education, mentoring, and the cultural arts for each of the nearly 4,500 kids who participate in the program each year.
Cardinals Care is urging fans to support their on-going efforts to help children a variety of ways:
- Cardinals Care 6K and One Mile Fun Run: Registration is now open for the fourth annual Cardinals Care 6K and One Mile Fun Run set for Sunday, August 18th. Those interested in participating are encouraged to learn more and register at cardinals.com/6k.
- Donate directly at cardinals.com/community.
- Dynamic Deals of the Week: The Cardinals' value-based dynamic pricing system allows them to offer outstanding ticket savings to fans throughout the season. Special values will be highlighted each Monday as part of the "Dynamic Deals of the Week" promotion. Since the launch of dynamic pricing last season, 77% of games were priced lower in 2012 than 2011, with nearly 40% of games having tickets priced for $5 or less. Fans can sign up to receive weekly Dynamic Deal emails at cardinals.com.
- KMOX 1120 First Pitch Tickets: The Cardinals are pleased to team up with KMOX 1120 to offer the KMOX 1120 First Pitch Tickets. At 9 a.m. on the day of each game, fans may purchase a voucher good for two tickets to that day's game for a total cost of $11.20 ($5.60 per ticket). The voucher may be redeemed for tickets 15 minutes before the scheduled start of the game. The tickets may be anywhere in the park, depending on availability.
- For a full listing of all the fan-friendly ticket values in 2013, visit cardinals.com/values.
For more information on Cardinals promotions and scheduled events visit cardinals.com/promotions and cardinals.com/theme.