ST. LOUIS, Mo., June 11, 2013 - The St. Louis Cardinals signed seven players today from the 2013 June First-Year player draft, announced Scouting Director Dan Kantrovitz.
The list includes pitcher Nick Petree (9th round, Missouri State), catcher Elier Gonzalez (14th round, Immaculate-LaSalle HS), pitcher Zach Loraine (21st round, Coker College), catcher Luke Voit (22nd round, Missouri State), first baseman Jake Stone (27th round, Tennessee Wesleyan), pitcher Nick Lomascolo (34th round, Catawba College) and outfielder Vaughn Bryan (35th round, St. Rita HS).
2013 FIRST-YEAR PLAYER DRAFT - SIGNEES
Rd., Player (overall pick) Pos. B-T Ht. Wt. School Hometown
9. Nick Petree (275) RHP R-R 6-1 195 Missouri State University Clinton, Mo.
14. Elier Rodriguez (425) C S-R 6-2 210 Immaculata-LaSalle High School Miami, Fla.
21. Zach Loraine (635) RHP R-R 6-3 205 Coker College (SC) Lake St. Louis, Mo.
22. Luke Voit (665) C R-R 6-3 225 Missouri State University Wildwood, Mo.
27. Jake Stone (815) 1B L-R 6-0 220 Tennessee Wesleyan University Wilmington, N.C.
34. Nick Lomascolo (1,025) LHP R-L 6-1 185 Catawba College (SC) Mooresville, N.C.
35. Vaughn Bryan (1,055) OF S-R 6-0 185 Broward College (FL) Sunrise, Fla.